Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gabriella’s Birthday


After the epidural, we had a little rest before the big event. At 5am Doctor Bannan said the words I wanted to hear “the baby and mom are ready”. I was so stressed that I would have to get a cesarean section, that the news the baby was ready was almost as exciting the birth itself.

Little Gabriella came into this world at 7:12am. About 24 hours from the time my water broke. She made it in just under the wire, because if we had gone any longer the risk of infection would have sent us to the operation room.

September 18th is a blur, between the joy of having a healthy little girl and the exhaustion of labor and delivery, I only remember parts of the day. I have to thank the grandparents and Todd for all their help that day and the days that fallowed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment